For proper operation of any computer device (like modem, printer, video or sound card) the device driver must be installed. At device driver installation, driver files are copied from a specified location to system folders and get integrated into Windows. DriverExtractor can "reverse" the installation process by searching for all device driver files, retrieving them from Windows system folders and coping into a specified location. Basically, DriverExtractor creates a driver files folder, that can be later used to install this driver back into the system.
- When original device driver media (usually CD) is lost, corrupted, unreadable or otherwise inaccessible, DriverExtractor can extract driver files directly from Windows to replace the missing installation media.
- When a brand new desktop or laptop is purchased, it may come with only one complete setup CD that installs Windows, devices drivers and many other software and utilities which you may not like or need. DriverExtractor can extract all driver files from the preinstalled system, enabling you to reinstall Windows yourself with a custom set of software and settings.
- When a computer uses many devices that require driver installation each from their own media, it makes setup a long and painful procedure. DriverExtractor can help creating one setup folder (or setup CD) for all devices used for the computer.
- When a specific device is no longer supported by the manufacturer or drivers can not be found on the Web, but device is still working on someone's computer - DriverExtractor can the make device working on your computer as well.
- When there's a need to move any plug-n-play devices from one computer to another, DriverExtractor will extract all needed driver files for a fast and convenient installation.
» version 3.1 - posted on 2012-03-01
Fixed bug in detecting driver subdirectory structure.
» version 2.1 - posted on 2007-03-21
Vista compatible, command line interface for batch processing, misc improvements
EULA - End User License Agreement
BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT.
This software is provided "as is" and is without warranty of any kind. The author of this software does not warrant, guarantee or make any representations regarding the use or results of use of this software in terms of reliability, accuracy or fitness for purpose. Neither the author nor anybody connected to this software in any way can assume any responsibility.
You may install a copy of the Software on a computer and freely move the Software from one computer to another, provided that you are the only individual using the Software. Author holds no responsibility for violation of any third party legal rights while you are using the program.
You may not transfer, rent, lease, lend, copy, modify, translate, sublicense, time-share or electronically transmit or receive the Software, media or documentation except permanent basis provided you retain no copies and the recipient agrees to the terms of the License Agreement. You acknowledge that the Software in source code form remains a confidential trade secret of the author and therefore you agree not to modify the Software or attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software.