DriverExtractor is a free trial software application from the Backup & Restore subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2012-03-01. The program can be installed on WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows2000, Windows2003, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64.
For proper operation of any computer device (like modem, printer, video or sound card) the device driver must be installed. At device driver installation, driver files are copied from a specified location to system folders and get integrated into Windows. DriverExtractor can "reverse" the installation process by searching for all device driver files, retrieving them from Windows system folders and coping into a specified location. Basically, DriverExtractor creates a driver files folder, that can be later used to install this driver back into the system.
- When original device driver media (usually CD) is lost, corrupted, unreadable or otherwise inaccessible, DriverExtractor can extract driver files directly from Windows to replace the missing installation media.
- When a brand new desktop or laptop is purchased, it may come with only one complete setup CD that installs Windows, devices drivers and many other software and utilities which you may not like or need. DriverExtractor can extract all driver files from the preinstalled system, enabling you to reinstall Windows yourself with a custom set of software and settings.
- When a computer uses many devices that require driver installation each from their own media, it makes setup a long and painful procedure. DriverExtractor can help creating one setup folder (or setup CD) for all devices used for the computer.
- When a specific device is no longer supported by the manufacturer or drivers can not be found on the Web, but device is still working on someone's computer - DriverExtractor can the make device working on your computer as well.
- When there's a need to move any plug-n-play devices from one computer to another, DriverExtractor will extract all needed driver files for a fast and convenient installation.
DriverExtractor (version 3.1) has a file size of 347.63 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 135 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.